Oh Dreamworks, why must you disappoint me so with your inconsistency? Just when I think they are stepping up in the animation world and perhaps even have the potential to one day be like Pixar they go back to milk Shrek some more. Let me assure anyone who enjoyed their recent bright efforts of How To Train Your Dragon or Kung Fu Panda 2, this is a big step down and a disappointment. I'm not saying this is a bad film, but it's damned bloody average. The first half was slow with poor attempts at humour and unlikable characters, and while the second half improved the pace I still failed to really raise a smile or grow any liking for any of the characters. At their finest points, Dreamworks can produce quite wonderful and original animations with likable characters and some rather well done jokes. This is not one of them.
5/10

No comments:
Post a Comment